Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tuesday Night Ride T-Shirt

I was givin' my co-worker the gears the other day over the fact he decided not ride his scooter to work because of inclement weather.

I called him a wuss but insisted... I was simply referring to the acronym for his scooter club (which I was pressed to quickly invent right then and there).
.

(Here's Rick when he was featured in a TV news story about his electric scoot)
.
I said "You belonged to the... um, 'Win-ter-peg Urban Scooter Society', or W.U.S.S." And for $hti$ and giggles, I decided to design an online T-shirt for him. He loved it and he said his wife howled!

As chance would have it our Tuesday Night Ride (refer to post 'Tuesday Night Ride') was cancelled due to rain. So I had some time on my hands and decided why not design a T-shirt for the TNR boys.

So... here are the ideas I was kicking around for the logo.

I found this Eagle with a blank space for your club name. But I think it's too similar to H-D's logo.
.
And not inclusive enough for TNR. It's not what you ride... as long as you ride!

I like this look as well... an EVO motor with wings. However I think we should stay away from any references to a V-twin. Not all the guys in TNR own a bike with a V-twin. Which is wicked cool, my kinda' bikes!

(Colonna font)

I love this skull and tools. It would make a great logo for the boys.

It evokes a bad boy image, while maintaining a presence or tone, that we fix and/or repair and build our own stuff.

(Baron font)

Garage bikes rule! I mean those built in the garage... Le Garage is cool too!

I think this skull and crown is sic! DOPE! I easily changed the letters in the teeth to TRN.

Finally I found this image of a Star & Wings.

(Baron font)

It may be the winner IMHO. Here are a couple of examples with with TNR in a few different font styles.

(Agency font)

(Felix font)

Not sure which one I like myself. We'll have to put it to a vote.
.
As for the saying/slogan on the back, well I've found three kick a$$ inscriptions.
.
If you're easily offended by biker slogans, don't read these shirt designs.
.
.Don't scroll down... seriously... OK, enjoy!
.
.






.
.
.
.
Or... .
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
This one may win...
.
.
.
.

.
He He.. Just kiddn' hun!
.
.
.
Ace ♠

No comments: