Sunday, March 28, 2010

Three Letters


G S P


Ya, it wasn't a spectacular fight... but Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre retained his welterweight championship after methodically defeating challenger Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy 03/27/2010.


Here's how the telegraph.co.uk saw the unanimous 5-round decision, in the main event of UFC 111, go down.


The match was held in Newark, N.J.. As for Hardy, who is from from Nottingham, England, it was his first title fight.



It's St-Pierre's, a Canadian from Montreal, seventh straight title defense and now improves to 20-2 in his UFC career.

Here's a quote from Georges:

"I made a lot of mistakes that I'm not happy with," St-Pierre said. "I wanted to fight him on the ground where I am the strongest and I know he's the weakest. But he was a lot tougher than I thought he was. "I wanted to finish the fight in an impressive way, but I didn't. I will work with my trainers and come back stronger and better. I can't make mistakes like that."


A quip from Hardy:

"I might lack the technical skills and I might lack the strength," Hardy said. "But the one thing I have is that I'm never going to quit. I don't give up. I never give up. I don't know the meaning of tapping out."

He's tough as nails and he'll be back.

Ace ♠

No comments: