Friday, October 2, 2009

Eagles of Death Metal

It was their band's name that held me through a commercial break to watch their performance on a late night TV show. They call themselves 'Eagles of Death Metal' AKA, EODM.


Ya, but there was nothing death metal about them. Their sound is quite unique though. They're like a rock-a-billy show gone AWOL. Fast guitars riffs, red-neck lyrics and a drummer who just won't quit.


Kinda' 'Georgia Satellites' and 'George Thorogood and the Destroyers' mixed together. This is their latest album but I don't own it and I'm not even sure if I've ever heard any of the songs on it.


Suffice it to say - I don't know much about the band, but the artwork on their concert posters is totally wicked!


Cum' on that ain't cool... that's waaaaay cool!


This tune on YT called 'Don't Speak' ain't half bad.


I Saw them on Late Show With David Letterman and they can rock.



I think they've gone through a line-up change because some of their videos feature a chick behind the kit. If that's her (above), that's one ugly chick!


There's a ton of picks on gurke's photstream on flickr.


Here's a vid I found of EDOM on YT, featuring Jack Black. It was Jack's birthday and they invited him on stage. Hey, maybe Lemmy will offer me the same courtesy on my B-day.

Ace ♠

No comments: