Monday, October 5, 2009

On The Cuv of The Rolling Stone

Big news for Motörhead and their fans... first it was a Grammy (albeit for a Metallica cover) and now it's the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine.
.

.
I hope this shot makes the cover! Nope!
.

Don't worry it won't be as glamorous as this Megan Fox cover shot. The feature hits store shelves and news stands on October 16/09.
.
.

And I certainly hope it's not staged like this one. What I do know is that which ever pic makes the cover, it'll be awesome! And It's not my bias speaking it's because this guy, internationally renown photographer, Pep Bonet was behind the lens.
.
.
Bonet spent a few months on the road with Motörhead in Europe and South America. And apparently captured some amazing moments on film.
.
Pep isn't known for shooting celebs like Annie Leibovitz. His work is much more profound, poignant.
.

.
Like his work profiling HIV-AIDS in subsaharan Africa. This photo was taken in Zambia.
.

.

Or... this shot of diamond workers. The contrast and depth of colour is brilliant.
.
.
His work is also life affecting. Haunting, if not disturbing images that truly make you think. Moving stuff.
.
.
This snap of Lemmy was taken by Todd Owyoung. Great work. I can't even imagine what Peps photos will look like... and yet I can't wait to see em'. And I will do my best to post what ever I can get.
.

.

Maybe this one will grace the cover. Not!
.
According to Motörhead's website, this will be the bands first feature in Rolling Stone. Finally, after 35 years the boys are getting a little respect. Or maybe it was just a slow news day.
.
Ace ♠

No comments: