Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lost - No Not The TV Series, My Tooth


I wish I could start this post by saying.. Dude, I got into a fight at hockey and this is what happened.


It's the face that launched a thousand, uh, er.. hockey careers?!?! Yep, that's the NHL's Philadelphia Flyer's tough guy Bobby Clarke. Not me.


This is me. I lost a chiclet.


Did I loose my tooth boxing or MMA fighting? Nope.


While skate boarding... uh, no.


Ooh, that looks nasty. I certainly wasn't involved in a mountain bike cross country race accident.

Nice!

Ya... and I don't figure skate so that's definitely outta the question.



I don't own a treadmill either. Man, that's gotta hurt!



OK, OK... you know where this is going!



Here's the culprit. A stupid, frickin', little, yellow Christmas candy. One bite and my tooth broke off at the base.


It's a cap... meaning, big buck$ to fix. The worst part, I'll need a root canal procedure before my Dentist can repair the tooth.

I'll definitely need laughing gas (during the job) and my Dentist... he'll be laughing all the way to the bank!

Ace ♠

3 comments:

Löst Jimmy said...

Oh man Ace, You have my sympathies, I did the exactly same thing to a big bastard back tooth two years ago, enjoying a cadbury's eclair I felt the crunch...horrible. At least it wasn't my front teeth so I have survived with the jagged remnants of the original ever since...

Hope that Dentist bill is not as much as you fear!

Ace said...

Oh man... you've still have that old, jagged tooth in you mouth, I hope it isn't causing you any pain LJ.

I do have dental insurance (through work) and it'll cover 80% of the cost of the procedure, meaning it'll only set me back about $180. Not bad at all, considering.

Later Jimmy.

Marvin Will said...

That was kinda bad, dude. Losing our tooth is the last thing we want to experience. And we are more prone to that, because we are guys and we love doing extreme stuff. last year, my front tooth loosen up when I played rugby with my friends. That was such an embarrassing experience! I went to some of my dentists in Charleston, SC to see if they can find ways to replace them. Good thing, they still got to replace my lost tooth with better ones.