Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Sniper

OK, I'll be the first to admit that DIY garage built, hot rod bobbers are my style of motorcycle... but this scoot is absolutely bitchin'!


This wild creation is called the Sniper. It earned the 'Builders Choice' award at Las Vegas Bike Fest 2009.



The bike, designed and built by Mark Daley of Thunder Struck Custom Bikes, features quadruple carbs. Ya, just nuts!



Check the open triple-belt primary.


Um, I don't know what these vents are for... but I'm sure they seve a purpose, aside from being simply wicked!


Take a close look at the brake disc. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to profile this machine, a disc-brake mounted in the center of the rear wheel.




Another reason, the exhaust pipes and the way Mark routed them through the front lower portion of the frame. Ya... just when you think you've seen everything, another mind boggling innovation kicks you in the nuts.




And I love Mark's sense of humour, that shop sign is kick a$$.

Ace ♠

No comments: